Extra Tough Plaster
Hansaplast Extra Tough Plasters
- The durable and flexible fabric dries quickly and doesn't get soggy.
- The waterproof and breathable plaster membrane keeps the wound dry and protected from dirt and bacteria.
- The extra strong adhesion sticks reliably without leaving any residues.
Hi-DRY TEX Technology
Hansaplast developed this three-layer technology for improved wound protection. Hi-DRY TEX technology makes the plaster waterproof, breathable and ensures strong adhesion, due to its integrated coverage of an impregnated, flexible fabric and a waterproof, yet breathable membrane. The flexible fabric ensures not only utmost comfort for you, but also protection from moisture and water for your wound.
How to Use
Extra Tough Waterproof
26 x 76 mm
1. How often should I change my plaster?Usually, it is recommended to change standard first aid dressings daily due to hygienic reasons.
2. Is it better to let small wounds dry at the fresh air instead of putting on a plaster?
It is one of the wound care myths that keeping minor cuts and grazes uncovered and let air to them helps them to heal faster. The contrary is true! Research shows that covered wounds heal more efficiently and have a reduced risk of infection. Hansaplast products provide protection until the wound is completely healed.
3. When should I consult a doctor?
We recommend contacting a medical professional under the following circumstances:
- if the wound is deep and causing major bleeding
- if the wound shows signs of infection such as redness, warmth, pain and swelling
- if there are embedded foreign objects in it
- in case of animal or human bites
- if the wound is in the area of the face
- if there is insufficient tetanus vaccination
- and of course always when you have questions or are uncertain.
4. What if my wound gets infected and suppurates?
You should contact a medical professional if you recognize signs of infection. This is not only the occurrence of pus but also swelling, redness, heat, pain, itching or burning. In case of infection the wound will need medical care and special medical treatment.
5. Does Extra Tough Plaster stick to the wound?
No, it doesn’t. The Hi-DRY TEX technology and the extra strong adhesive ensure that the plaster sticks reliably to the area surrounding the wound while the extra cushioning wound pad is proven not to adhere to the wound. Thus, the plaster can be removed without pain and mechanical trauma and without leaving residues.
6. How can a textile plaster be waterproof?
Thanks to Hi-DRY TEX, which stands for a new innovative 3 layer-plaster-technology.
- The main top layer is made of an extra resistant and flexible fabric, which is water-repellent and dries very quickly.
- The middle layer of the plaster is a waterproof yet breathable membrane that keeps the wound dry.
- Optimal protection is ensured due to the extra strong adhesive.
This combination protects the wound reliably from external influences such as water, germs and dirt even under the most difficult circumstances.
7. What is so special about the Hi-DRY TEX technology?
Hi-DRY TEX technology stands for a new innovative plaster technology. The only extra resistant, breathable and waterproof fabric plaster that gives the wound maximum protection even under the most difficult circumstances.
The 3 layer protective plaster combines a tough, flexible fabric that dries quickly with a waterproof yet breathable membrane that keeps the wound dry. The extra strong adhesive ensures optimal protection and can be removed without leaving residues.
8. What kind of wounds can be treated with this plaster?
When you are doing hard work with your hands either during your job or free time, wounds can happen.
In case of an injury special protection is needed to ensure safe, reliable and waterproof protection. The 3 layered protective plaster combines a tough, water-repellent, flexible fabric with a waterproof yet breathable membrane that keeps the wound dry. The extra strong adhesive ensures optimal protection.
Extra Tough Plaster protects the wound in all stages of wound healing and prevents the exposure to external influences such as water, dirt and germs. Especially in demanding situations the wound should be covered until completely healed. It is recommended to change Extra Tough Plaster daily due to hygienic reasons.
9. Will the extra strong adhesion be harmful to my skin?
Due to the superior material and product quality the product is pleasant and convenient to wear and allows optimal adaptation to the skin. The extra strong adhesive ensures safe protection of the wound but at the same time is skin friendly and can be removed without residues.